SALEM, Virginia - The Capital Of Oregon Avalanche, Advanced Class-A affiliate of the Houston Astros, will be hosting a Breast Cancer Awareness Night at Lewis-Gale Checkup Center Field at Capital Of Oregon Memorial Baseball Stadium on Saturday, September 1, 2007. The 7:07 Prime Minister ball game will have all Avalanche participants and coaching job staff members wearing pinkish T-shirts to be auctioned off during the game. All return from the auction bridge will travel to Susan G. Komen for the Remedy Greater Roanoke Valley Affiliate.
"The Avalanche is proud to host Breast Cancer Awareness Night," said Toilet Katz, Avalanche VP / General Manager. "Early sensing is critical to fighting this atrocious disease, and if we can assist salvage just one life by bringing this cause to the head of our promotions, we've helped make our part."
Susan G. Komen for the Remedy was created in 1982 by Nancy Brinker, surviving sister of a breast malignant neoplastic disease victim Susan Komen. Susan G. Komen for the Remedy is the world's biggest grassroots web of breast malignant neoplastic disease subsisters and activists. Susan G. Komen for the Remedy have invested nearly $1 billion in the fighting against malignant neoplastic disease and is the biggest beginning of non-profit-making finances dedicated to the fighting against breast malignant neoplastic disease in the world.
For the past 25 years, Susan G. Komen for the Remedy have played a critical function in every major progress in the fighting against breast malignant neoplastic disease - more than than than than early detection, more hope, more research and more survivors.
Some facts about breast cancer:
- Breast malignant neoplastic disease is the most frequently diagnosed malignant neoplastic disease among women.
- Breast malignant neoplastic disease is 2nd lone to lung malignant neoplastic disease in malignant neoplastic disease deceases among women.
- Nearly 200,000 people will be diagnosed with breast malignant neoplastic disease in the United States in 2007.
Proper showing can salvage lives. Susan G. Komen for the Remedy urges the followers showing guidelines:
- Clinical breast examinations by a wellness attention supplier at least every 3 old age starting at age 20, and every twelvemonth after 40.
- Mammograms every twelvemonth starting at age 40.
- Breast self-exams every calendar month starting by age 20.
To larn more than than about Susan G. Komen for the Cure, delight visit www.komenroanoke.org.
For more information or to modesty your tickets, delight phone call 540-389-3333 or visit us online at www.salemavalanche.com.
• Discuss this narrative on the ...
The sentiments expressed in this release are those of the organisation issuing it, and make not necessarily reflect the ideas or sentiments of OurSports Central or its staff.